Monday, July 22, 2013

My time is very precious...

Today I sat in meetings for 7 hours. It was really terrible. I went to my new school and took a placement exam which, once again, was impossible. Why do they make those placement exams so hard? I'm pretty sure no one understands what they are asking. If you have taken Graman's Morphology and Syntax class and have taken his impossible fill in the blank tests that even the lady from the Dominican Republic struggled with, well then you have taken one of these impossible placement exams. Anyways after the exam we had a school orientation and they talked for hours. The only upside-I sat in between a guy from France and a guy from Switzerland who made me laugh extremely hard the entire time. I truly do enjoy international classes. People from different countries have such different senses of humor. It's quite entertaining.
Yesterday, however, we went on a city tour and took a bus for 5 hours around Buenos Aires. We walked around briefly but mainly it was to show us different places to return to when we have time. The city is beautiful and much different than I had expected it to be. I will finally include some pictures!
The Recoleta Cemetery (Where Evita is buried)

The Obelisk of Buenos Aires (Located on the widest avenue in the world)

The barrio of La Boca

The mouth of the river-La Boca del rio

Me in front of my school

Two of my friends- Miguel y Jorge

Well that's about all for now. Thought you all would love to see some pictures! Take care and hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment